Search RoHo Blog

Thursday, March 18, 2010

RoedigerHouse.com Website Make-over

When I first bought the Roediger House, I really wanted to be able to show pictures of it to friends and family who were interested in what I'd gotten myself into. So I set up a simple website with a selection of pictures, and I took the easy path by depending on the iWeb software from Apple to build the pages. It did the job for a while but I hadn't updated it in years.

I finally took some time over the last week to completely re-do the original website, which was completed this evening, at long last. Once I get into webpage mode, I find it hard to extract myself from it. Now, what you'll see if you visit the site is hand-crafted: I write all the HTML code and design all the images. However, I really like the slideshow feature in the iWeb 09, so I cheated when it came to providing a selection of pictures that show the house inside and out and that represent the variety of events, gatherings, and happenings at the house. So those picture index/slideshow launch pages are from iWeb with a bit of my meddling thrown in.

Check it out and let me know what you think: RoedigerHouse.com.

No comments: