Search RoHo Blog

Sunday, March 28, 2010

Meal No. 81: Salmon with Agrodolce Sauce

It is a brutally rainy day in Winston-Salem, and this evening brings the first thunderstorm of 2010 for which I've been home and of which I've been aware. (I think a pretty harsh set of storms hit earlier in the month but I slept right through them.) The rain is pouring and the thunder and lightning are putting on a heckuva show. At the moment, the area is under a Tornado Warning, with a couple having been spotted in the general vicinity. I'm listening for the roar so I'll know to duck into the cellar, if need be. The laptop is unplugged for safety's sake but I'm stealing a few moments to toss up a blog entry on this evening's meal.



I was hoping to get the yellowfin tuna that's on sale at Harris Teeter but both local stores were sold out. So I reached for some wild-caught Atlantic salmon instead and prepped a nice agrodolce sauce (balsamic vinegar and red onion, among other things). Along with couscous and some sweet white corn, it made for a nice Sunday evening meal.

No comments: