Search RoHo Blog

Friday, March 27, 2009

Spring Has Sprung

It seems like just days ago that there was a late-winter snow event, and while it made the house look beautiful, I'll take the blooming Bradford pear and the cherry trees any day.

That means it's pretty perfect that Pete and his crew have now finished the renovation of the upstairs porch, about which there's been a previous post. The furniture is all in place, the painting and siding and trim are all done, and the flooring will inspire all comers with confidence. It looks mighty good, and I'm ready to start hanging out up there, if the rain will ever go away.

Another one of those necessary steps is now completed: the foundation drain, required by the local city code. Drain pipe has been laid all 'round the foundation of the addition, and gravel has been shoveled in. I imagine Robert, Kevin, and Trey all slept pretty darned well that night, but waking the next morning can't have been fun.

I think the trim work around windows and doors is looking amazing, and it's not even been stained and finished yet. Pete wanted to make sure we were keeping in the same style as the current interior trim, and I'd say he's nailed it (and glued it, too). This is a shot of the upper trim for the kitchen sink's window.

I've also been working on getting some of the fixtures and such, and this is the kitchen sink (from the manufacturer's website) that arrived within just a few days of my ordering it. I think I'm going to love that big, deep basin. Stylish, too, eh?

No comments: