Search RoHo Blog

Monday, March 2, 2009

Painted Delights

So, here's mostly how it went down:

My General Contractor handed me one of those packs of paint swatch strips, containing roughly several thousand color choices, on Friday a week ago. "Need to know by Monday what you want," he said. As ordered, I left for him the list of rooms and paint selections before I left town to work in Virginia for the week, having scooted out on the skinny branches with some of the choices. It was not easy but I was feeling pretty good once those decisions were made.

That's been the story in some ways with this project, and an indication of how much faith and trust I feel I can put into Pete's superintendency of this project. I leave town for a week, and I come back, and something else significant has been accomplished by the time I come in on Friday night.

Now let me mention that I debated about putting up pictures of the newly-painted rooms, because I know that the Web can only show a limited palate of colors and it's highly likely that what you see here on the blog will raise eyebrows and be causes of concern. Nonetheless, if you want to see how fine the choices really ended up being, you'll just have to come see the house for yourself, as Lindsey Meacham did just this afternoon.

First, two shots of the kitchen (one at night and the other today with the bright reflection of last night's snowfall), and one last night of the eating nook/bay:



Next, two shots from the back hallway, one last night (with a peek into the laundry room, which is a lovely Copen Blue now) and one with today's good sunshine coming through the window:
Back Hallway at NightBack Hallway - Daytime



One of the bold color choices was a deep, rich red in the anteroom, a space you'll pass through from the main entry hallway to get back to where the new kitchen is. On either side of this anteroom will be the re-built butler's pantry and a new powder room for guests.
Anteroom Looking
into Butler's Pantry
Anteroom Looking
into Powder Room



The Master Bath is also coming along nicely, and the green in which it's been painted really is a soothing, easy-going touch. I'm going to like it, and now that I see it for real, it will make it easier to pick out tile, which must be done soon.


Looking Into
Roman Tub Area
Looking Out of
Roman Tub Area



Let's also go upstairs and check out two more newly-painted areas: the main bathroom accessed (like the old one) from the landing as the stairs make a turn, and the northwest rear guest bathroom, painted Studio Blue Green now. (The area around the tub will be tiled, so it is not painted.)