Search RoHo Blog

Thursday, August 7, 2014

Homemade Krispy Kreme Glazed Doughnuts

If memory serves, it was when I was vegging out on the road in some hotel room that led me to stumble across this "how-to" for a pretty good approximation of Krispy Kreme glazed doughnuts. That put it on my radar but it took until the last weekend of July before I was willing and motivated to tackle it. Here are some of the pictures I snagged along the way:

After the first rise, and that's my largest bowl!

Yes: I have a doughnut cutter.

Ready for the second rise.

Frying 'em up in peanut oil at 350F.

Crispy and golden!

With a perfect sweet glaze.
(I ate three for dessert that night.)

To me, working with yeast dough, this was a heckuva thing to decide I wanted to make for dessert on top of the dinner I was already preparing. And it made dinner mighty late that night (9:30 pm, to be exact) but fresh hot homemade glazed Krispy Kreme-esque doughnuts for dessert? Absolutely worth it. Amazing. Delicious. I want more.



"Krispy Kreme Donut Recipe," from scoochmaroo. Recipe online at Instructables.com.

1 comment:

Brad said...

When I informed Lauren that you'd made homemade Krispy Kreme donuts, she replied, "If they're homemade, they can't possibly be Krispy Kreme."

I'm just reporting her response. Personally, I just want some of these donuts.