Search RoHo Blog

Wednesday, May 30, 2012

Meal No. 515: Grilled Lamb Chops with Herb Aioli

Wow. Just wow. By combining recipes I had on hand for lamb chops, I ended up with a freakin' amazing plate of food tonight.


One recipe involved a mustard, oil, and herb marinade for the chops; the other gave me some direction about properly grilling them and then topping them with a very, very nice herb aioli. Together, it was fantastic.


The broccoli last night was so good that I repeated it this evening, but I corrected the missing ingredient to now include chipotle hot sauce, instead of my ancho paste-and-sriracha substitution of last night.

The recent discovery of a great recipe for potato salad seemed a fine fit for this evening's grilled meal, too, so even though I just had it on Saturday, I made it again.


I even did a loaf in the bread machine, which I just don't seem to do all that often any more.


And the meal wrapped up with some basic easy chocolate éclair cake, which all around the table enjoyed but which Amy gave the happiest munch-face to.






"Pan-Grilled Lamb Shoulder Chops," from the FoodNetwork.com.

"Grilled Lamb Shoulder Chops with Herb Aioli," by Martha Stewart. Found online.

"Eggy Potato Salad with Pickles," by Jenny Rosenstratch and Andy Ward. In Bon Appétit, May 2012, p. 36.

"Grilled Broccoli with Chipotle-Lime Butter and Queso Fresco," in Food & Wine, June 2012, p. 107.

No comments: