Search RoHo Blog

Tuesday, May 7, 2019

Meal No. 2356: Not So Cajun Chicken


The very first meal made in the new kitchen addition back in 2009 was a long-time house favorite: not so cajun chicken. I hadn't made it in almost a year but brought it back this past Thursday evening, served on orzo pasta instead of rice in hopes it would be better for my weight management goals.

The Big L, directed by Joey Moore

Even though I'd put in a pretty full day in the yard that day, I grabbed my iPod after dinner and put on my tennis shoes to make the two-mile walk down to the University of North Carolina School of the Arts ACE Theatre Complex. Whenever possible, I like to catch the School of Filmmaking's showcase of student films, and on Thursday night, it was the Third Year Films. It was a terrific collection of student shorts and it was a glorious evening both for the stroll to the venue and also back home, with a slight detour to take in the very happening and people-filled Fourth Street.



"Not So Cajun Chicken," a dish I regularly enjoyed at Crowley's Old Time Favorites restaurant and bar on Medlin Drive in Raleigh, NC. Credit to Jimmy Randolph for helping track the recipe down. (Another version of the recipe can be found here.)

No comments: