Search RoHo Blog

Thursday, May 23, 2019

Meal No. 2368: Cheeseburger Subs

I've always been a bit of a sucker for a cheeseburger sub, given that I'm not all that big on classic sub sandwiches, Italian subs, reubens, or even most cold cuts. So when I've been on the job and we've ordered from a local sub place, I was always glad if I spotted cheeseburger subs among the options. I decided to make a version of them for the three of us at dinner on Monday night, using my go-to burger recipe as a starting point and playing a bit wildly with it from there. I caramelized onions, buttered and grilled sandwich rolls, and made our favorite classic burger sauce. The rolls were a bit tender and didn't hold up well to the man-handling that was required to wrestle these behemoths but that's where the sin of silverware came in...


Starting point for burgers was "Juicy Burgers," originally from Pillsbury Classic Cookbooks recipe magazine, July 2003, p. 52-53.

"Classic Burger Sauce" recipe can be found at the bottom of this post on peanut butter bacon burgers.

No comments: