Search RoHo Blog

Tuesday, July 12, 2016

Chocolate Meringue Pie


If you head on Highway 50 out of Benson, NC, past where Interstates 95 and 40 intersect, you come to the community of Meadow with its very best feature: the Meadow Restaurant. (Some would argue that the Meadow Lights, at Christmastime, are the area's star attraction, but I disagree.) This was a favorite stop (and regularly a destination!) for my family before time and events scattered us about, back when my mother was still living. All-you-can-eat delicious country-cooking and freakin' awesome desserts, especially the chocolate meringue pie.


That's what I wanted to make for dessert last Thursday night...and it's probably the first time I've made it in over a decade. We all seemed to think it was pretty good, so maybe it won't be such a stranger around here from now on.




"Chocolate Meringue Pie," based on a classic and common recipe.

No comments: