Search RoHo Blog

Friday, December 12, 2014

The Return of the South Parlour

Another room has now come back "on-line" following all the plaster restoration and floor refinishing: the South Parlour. And it's looking mighty good, my friends.

First, a run-down of the plaster restoration:




The boys had trouble with bubbling under the paint.
This is why some areas had to be sanded and re-primed.
Hence, the juggling poodle in the floor pics below.



And then Ricky and Nubee Sneed from Clemmons Flooring LLC sanded and refinished the floors:




Isn't "juggling poodle" an apt description
of the problematic paint areas on the far wall?



This led to a heavy Cy:


This rug was in my mother's house, and it's part of what came to me from her estate:


This sofa was also from her estate, and I had it repaired and recovered over the summer:


I dug up a couple of pictures from the mid-1950s (?) and around 1960 of my parents with my older siblings on that same sofa:



Still to do: crown molding and picture rail, so that some art can go up on those beautifully-redone walls. That will just be bonus adornment, though!



No comments: