Search RoHo Blog

Tuesday, December 9, 2014

Newly Arrived: Actual Beds!

Any and all guests and visitors to the Roediger House for the last 11 years have been treated as well as I could, but they've also slept on the floor. Well, on a mattress and boxspring on the floor. I didn't have any bedframes.

With all the motivation and energy to proceed with the extensive renovations these last few months, though, it made sense to work on those finishing touches like furnishing the recently upgraded rooms. With that in mind, I've now gotten a set of bedroom furniture for the Wyeth guest room and was able to put down the rug I got quite some time ago:




For the Van Gogh guest room, which is temporarily "off-line" since I've got all my boxed books and files stored in there, I have obtained just a new bed. It's been set up in my study temporarily:


When shopping for that particular bed, I also found I could pick up two more chairs to match the set of six in the kitchen eating area, which turns out to be awesome since I regularly have seven or eight around the table for dinner. This also means I can just keep one of them at the computer hutch in the kitchen when not needed at the table.


No comments: