Search RoHo Blog

Saturday, December 6, 2014

Meal No. 1157: Teriyaki Chicken with Special Sriracha Sauce

This afternoon was the annual Winston-Salem Christmas Parade and tree lighting, and my location downtown always puts me in the staging area for it, since the route begins on the west end of Fourth Street right above the house. Sometimes it's a float, other times it is fire trucks or old cars, years ago it was the major and members of the city council, and this year it was a drum corps and the Thresher Queen.




Too bad the weather didn't cooperate more. Once the street was clear again, I was able to run over to Greensboro for a marriage celebration and Christmas party of a Guilford County School colleague, which put me home mighty late but I still wanted to put together a decent dinner:


This is a new recipe for me: teriyaki chicken with a sriracha cream sauce. I like my dark soy sauce so it's hard to tell that these are tender morsels of chicken. Here's a fun side note: Texas Pete Cha! Sriracha is made by the T. W. Garner Food Company right here in Winston-Salem.



"Teriyaki Chicken with Special Sriracha Cream Sauce," from Amie, the Day-Dreaming Optimist. Her blog is A Meaning of An Optimist. A baked version of this recipe can be found on the Chelsea's Messy Apron blog.

No comments: