Search RoHo Blog

Saturday, September 6, 2014

Meal No. 1079: Not So Cajun Chicken


At mid-day on Thursday, I'd promised to make some grub for the guys who are here from Estate Plaster, tackling the extensive restoration and repair that is needed in the original part of the house. I went with one of the core favorites of the Roediger House: Not So Cajun Chicken, a dish I used to enjoy when I'd sup at Crowley's on Medlin Drive in Raleigh with teaching colleagues and Raleigh Little Theatre chums. (My college roommate Jimmy Randolph managed to track down a recipe for it, and I've enjoyed making it semi-regularly ever since.) Not So Cajun Chicken's specialness here might be evidenced by the fact it was the first choice for a meal once the new kitchen was completed back in late spring 2009.

Brothers David and Richie Mearns were on hand when the meal was served up, and Estate Plaster's main guru Philip Lamachio arrived later in the day and had it as leftovers. I liked the clean plates when all was said and done.

I am overdue for posting more pictures of the very fine work the guys are doing with the walls and ceilings. The rooms are looking fantastic!

Also, here's a shot of last night's double rainbow over downtown Winston-Salem, as seen from the front porch of the house:




Links To Recipe [in PDF]:

Not So Cajun Chicken, a dish I regularly enjoyed at Crowley's Old Time Favorites restaurant and bar on Medlin Drive in Raleigh, NC.  (Another version of the recipe can be found here.)

No comments: