Search RoHo Blog

Thursday, April 3, 2014

New Orleans Pecan Pie Bread Pudding


For the big chili meal gathering last week while I enjoyed a week at home, I finally got around to trying out this recipe for New Orleans pecan pie bread pudding.


This ranks as one of the most stupendous desserts I have thus far made at the Roediger House, if you ask me. I topped it with a whiskey sauce that was out of this world. Unfortunately, I created that whiskey sauce by combining ideas from about three different online recipes, and I'm not sure I'll ever be able to re-create it!




"New Orleans Pecan Pie Bread Pudding," from King Arthur Flour online.

NOTE: The two reviews of it that have been posted thus far on the KingArthurFlour.com website are not all that favorable, but I think I had better results because I referenced another bread pudding recipe when making it. I upped the amount of heavy cream and also let the dried bread cubes soak a while longer. I think I also used more melted butter than called for.

No comments: