Search RoHo Blog

Tuesday, June 25, 2013

Bird Bath / Re-Seeding of Grass

Among the items from my mother's estate that have come to me are her concrete yard features, including two benches, three planters, and her treasured bird bath. I think she would like very much to see it sitting now in the grove, which I'm still in the process of improving (but have made great progress this spring!).



I find that it's pretty darned handy to have a tiller, and last weekend I just about broke my body putting it to use again. This time, the focus was two large bare areas in the back yard, which were bare because it's just hard-packed clay and gravel. I also had two spots in the front yard: where a large dead tree was removed, and where I relocated a dwarf crepe myrtle. I tilled, brought in fresh good topsoil, raked, spread grass seed, spread hay, and watered before I headed out of town. I'm praying for some rain showers in the meantime.





No comments: