Search RoHo Blog

Monday, April 22, 2013

Meal No. 720: Dallas Dandy Brisket

It has been cool but gorgeous this April weekend, and there was no reason not to make a little more kamado grill action happen. I went with a beef brisket that I picked up from Costco and got a marinade for it made last night.


Before putting it on the grill this afternoon, I added a heavy spice rub to it.



This was a five-hour smoke: three of them, bare on the grill; the final two, with more rub added and wrapped up in foil.



This here was another outstanding meal and the plates around the table ended up licked clean (practically).



When I was smoking yesterday's pork ribs, I threw on a large onion so that I'd be ready to make the smoked onion barbecue sauce this evening. It really did add a nice flavor to it, but not a particularly pronounced one.





"Dallas Dandy Brisket" (p. 107-108) and "Smoked Onion Barbecue Sauce" (p. 360). In Smoke & Spice, by Cheryl and Bill Jamison. Boston: The Harvard Common Press, 2003.

"Best Potluck Macaroni and Cheese," from Cook's Country, April/May 2007, p. 11.

Kamado Meal #3

No comments: