Search RoHo Blog

Tuesday, January 29, 2013

Meal No. 674: Grilled Pork Ribs


Last night was another good night for grilling, and the choice was "Grilled Country-Style Pork Ribs with Apple-Bourbon Barbecue Sauce." It comes from Chef Chris Lilly of Big Bob Gibson's Bar-B-Q restaurants (one's in Alabama, and the other is here in North Carolina). I've used this recipe for the spice rub and for grilling pork ribs before, but I think this may be only the second time I've made the recommended apple-bourbon barbecue sauce.

In addition to baby lima beans, the other side dish is one of my oldest recipes in my "I like to cook" collection, started around 2001: sweet onion corn bake. I wish I pulled that one out more often, because it's always so tasty.



"Country-Style Ribs with Apple-Bourbon Barbecue Sauce," by Chris Lilly. Published in Food & Wine, June 2011, p. 88, 90.

"Sweet Onion Corn Bake," by Jeanette Travis of Fort Worth, TX. Published in Taste of Home, April/May 2003, p. 37-38.

No comments: