Search RoHo Blog

Saturday, October 30, 2010

Meal No. 166: Grilled Ribeye

If this were not the weekend of Halloween, it seems likely I could have been up in Virginia working with one of my regular school districts up there. But of course there is the annual Roediger House Halloween Party to be prepping for, so I made sure my travel schedule had me home by this past Tuesday evening.

You see, if I were working up in Virginia, I think I would have had to get over to Washington, D.C., to be in attendance for Jon Stewart's Rally to Restore Sanity. The idea of it is compelling enough, and I would want to do my part by showing up. Plus, I imagine it will be quite a fascinating experience.

It could also do much to restore a sense of sanity and offer some glimmers of hope that people are willing to think and to "take it down a notch."

Instead, it is a weekend at home, and with the Roediger House as that home, not such a bad place to be.

Yesterday was the first day of the fall when evening brought a noticeable drop in the temperatures, making it a little less appealing to be outside grilling and frying french fries. But with this kind of result, it was well worth it.


Last night's fixins: grilled ribeye steak, thick and hearty and tender and perfectly cooked. On the side, deep fryer french fries. I forgot I'd made a Caesar salad to boot, so at this moment it still sits wrapped up in the fridge. I even had shaved parmesan on top of it.

It was too much food, but as you can see from this shot (which also reveals dinner was consumed along with another episode of Star Trek from its second season), I managed to knock it all down:


It does seem as though I have an "Obsession" with steak.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Good choice on the dinner and the episode of "Star Trek"!