Search RoHo Blog

Sunday, October 10, 2010

Meal No. 154: Kung Pao Chicken

The Roediger House has a great kitchen now, and it always had a great butler's pantry. So there's plenty of storage. Which is a good thing, because I have managed to accumulate quite a few appliances. Some get used more than others, but it's nice to have the equipment to do whatever job I've got in mind when it comes to whipping up some tasty meals here.


Take, for instance, the electric wok. Asian cooking purists do not think an electric wok is the way to go, but thus far, mine has been easy to work with and has led to some great meals. Above, you can see it working on the vegetables for last night's dinner, which was Kung Pao Chicken.


By the time I added the peanut sauce, I could also sense the heightened awareness of my taste buds, because it was wafting up the best most tempting smells.


Served over fried brown rice, it made a colorful dish. Even better, it tasted incredible.

By the way, happy 10/10/10. There...I said it. Just like everybody else did.

No comments: