Search RoHo Blog

Saturday, March 27, 2010

Meal No. 80: Chicken & Wild Rice Casserole

After a two-week hiatus from the kitchen thanks to travel and work and social schedule, it sure did feel good to get back to meal preparation. On this chilly Saturday evening, I kept it simple but appropriate to the autumn-like weather interrupting Winston-Salem's progress toward spring. Borrowing from my friend Cindy Coulson's cookbook for fans of P. Buckley Moss, A Moss-Lover's Cookbook, I tried my hand at a chicken and wild rice casserole that was pretty darned scrumptious.

In my endless quest to tally things, this amounted to Meal No. 80 in the new kitchen. Accompaniments included Italian-cut green beans, garden salad, and yeast rolls. Dessert was to be found across the way at Caffe Prada: I could not resist having some more Euro Yogurt artisinal gelato.

1 comment:

Brad said...

Artisinal gelato is far better than the alternative, don't you think?