Search RoHo Blog

Thursday, February 18, 2010

Hawkeyes

I like my birds. As of this writing, I'm looking at a female cardinal sitting at the sunflower seed feeder that is positioned in my line of view when I'm sitting at the fireside. Back when I still had the old/original kitchen, I remember looking out one of the windows and seeing that a hawk had captured a mourning dove and then he spent about three hours feasting on it in the backyard. It was very cool, especially for a downtown city sight.

Occasionally I'll still see a hawk hereabouts, but not all that often. One afternoon not long ago, a hawk swooped down and alighted on the top of the fence just outside the big bay windows in the kitchen, giving me a great view of it from the fireside. I jumped up to get the camera and I guess those eagle/hawk eyes spotted the movement, because he took off like a flash. So here's the picture of where he'd been.

No comments: