Search RoHo Blog

Friday, March 27, 2009

Tabled Motion

While I already have a beautiful dining room table, it has proven to be less accommodating than I had hoped, thanks to its strange legs. With the size of my dining room, I've hoped to have a table that would comfortably seat 12 when needed, and the current table can only squeeze 10 people. That, plus the chairs I now have just aren't very comfortable, although I really like their look.

So, on Monday, before hitting the road for this week's work in Virginia, a lot of money got spent at Boyle's Furniture in Mocksville. I got a Bernhardt Smithsonian Collection dining room table and matching Docent's upholstered chairs (two arm and ten (!) side chairs). They sit mighty nice, and we should all be able to gather 'round the same table at next Thanksgiving's meal time.

Since there's also now this great floor-to-ceiling bay at the far end of the kitchen, I also needed to get a table and chairs there. The one that called out to me most convincingly was this little number from Theodore Alexander (picture also from Boyle's website), known as the Villa Refectory Table (item 5400-021):

7 comments:

Unknown said...

Hi! We love this table. We found one at a consignment shop. Could you please share what the retail price was for this?

Ray said...

Hi Larry. Since there are two tables mentioned on this blog post, are you asking about the Bernhardt Smithsonian (upper picture, dining room) or the Theodore Alexander (lower picture, wrought iron base, kitchen)? I do love them both, by the way.

Unknown said...

The Theodore Alexander. I do love them both but the Farmhouse Simplicity is the current piece we are considering. It will look fantastic in our new house.

Unknown said...

And thank you for responding! I have no idea on how to price this. I am not sure if this is mahogany as well.

Ray said...

Had to dig out the folder to find the sales invoice. It was a floor sample priced at $1249 that was sold at 30% off of that...$875.

Unknown said...

That is an excellent price for the table! Thank you for helping us out. They have the table listed for $2500 by itself, used. I enjoyed looking at all the work you've done, that is one gorgeous house!

Ray said...

I've added a clickable link in the text of the blog post as well as the actual table model name (Villa Refectory Table, Item 5400-021). You can see its specs on the Theordore Alexander website. I see one is for sale on eBay for $1795. I also see a close version of the table (with a slightly different table top but same base) referred to as Theodore Alexander Dining Room Table Farmhouse Simplicity (CB54008). The one price I saw for it online was $3949. I guess I got one heckuva deal on my table.

And glad you've found and enjoyed my self-indulgent blog about the Roediger House!