Search RoHo Blog

Tuesday, November 20, 2012

Meal No. 631: Crab-Boiled Country Style Pork Ribs


It's a bit soon to be repeating this meal, but with Tim Schwarz here and wanting to hit on some of the good recent dishes of late, I figured it would be a good call. And it was.



There's so much good flavor that comes first from the crab-boil style cooking of the pork ribs, and then the sauce is used to caramelize a tasty outer coating under the broiler. More sauce makes for lip-smacking eating.


I have pretty mixed feelings about the mac and cheese casserole this time around. I've made it several times before, and tonight I went perhaps too far with my cheese modifications: goat gouda and feta, in place of mild cheddar. And I did not account for the saltiness of the feta so it was a bit overwhelming. And, somehow, still quite good.


There was dessert, as well: Vietnamese coffee ice cream, which I'd made early (early!) this morning. It was all the better because of the time it had to set up.



"Crab-Boiled Country Style Pork Ribs," by Emeril Lagasse. Found online at the Food Network.

"Macaroni and Cheese Casserole," by Sarah Gabriel. In Cook's Country, June/July 2012, p. 17.

"Vietnamese Coffee Ice Cream," by David Lebovitz. In The Perfect Scoop. Berkeley: Ten Speed Press (2007), p. 35.

No comments: