Search RoHo Blog

Saturday, December 20, 2008

December 20, 2008

By the Saturday before Christmas, Pete and the fellas had completed framing the exterior walls for the second floor bathrooms and gotten it tarped in anticipation of the continued rainy trend that has characterized this December. (Hasn't North Carolina been in a drought for about three years?!) It's interesting to me to look at how many of the photos on the blog show cloudy days...sunshine is a rare feature of this otherwise happy chronicle.


You can also see what the back of the current single bathroom wall looks like, including the tub/shower plumbing on the left, with tub in lower left; and the back of the medicine cabinet in the upper right corner of this shot. This tiny but full bathroom will be demolished once the addition is completed, which will restore that back bedroom to its original configuration.


I suppose it's a bit grand to be doing a project that involves the creation of four and a half new bathrooms, but I really would like my guests to have the best amenities I can provide. I mean, I love it when I'm visiting someone's house and I get a bathroom all to myself. Perhaps this is a sample of when I might actually be believable if I say I think the Golden Rule has some merit...so I'd better walk the walk.

No comments: