Search RoHo Blog

Sunday, July 1, 2018

A Few Draining Lines about a Drain Line


Here's another item checked off of my long to-do list that also qualifies as another low-profile yard project: laying a drain line to handle water running into the low spot in front of the porch access door that I just recently laid brick in front of.


I think I was able to get a good gentle downward slope on the brick pad, so that water would be channeled into the front corner along the monkey grass. When I dug the trench (the line is about 25 feet long), I managed to mostly miss the cherry tree roots from the tree right next to the path of the line. I buried bricks in the base of the trench at short intervals and used my leveler to maintain a slight grade for the ultimate placement of the drain line prior to burying it.


It's another long-overdue project that will never be noticed by anybody. But it was essential to install it since I've been working hard to build up the grove, and water was going to be a problem.


In the end, I was pretty happy with how it all turned out:

(Unused extra drain line visible to left of path)


No comments: