Search RoHo Blog

Tuesday, October 27, 2015

Cinnamon Roll Cap'n Crunch Cookies

It's not much of a mystery to the regular readers of the blog that I am fond of a cookie recipe that depends on Cap'n Crunch cereal as a prime ingredient. With the fun new flavors they've come out with over the last year or so, it's really increased the appeal of these treats. I'm guilty of making them with tremendous frequency.

One of those special (and, for me, hard to find) flavors is Cinnamon Roll Crunch. I have yet to locate it in any stores in Winston-Salem or Greensboro. The boxes I have were obtained from some Kroger stores in Virginia Beach. I pretty regularly pop into markets when I'm out of town because you never know what you might turn up!

This is one of those awesome finds.

Anyway, last Sunday night, after using Cinnamon Roll Crunch with French toast that morning, it got in my head that it might be time to make a batch of cookies with this sweet cinnamony cereal as well. I'd also stumbled across some pricey Irish butter that was nearing its expiration date, and the double-batch of these cookies uses a total of four and a half sticks (!).


So: Cinnamon Roll Cap'n Crunch Cookies, with enough to take to share with folks when I was doing a training at the beginning of the week.


"Cap'n Crunch Cookies," found online at The Capitol Baker, with credit going to The Sugar Plum Blog for inspiration and the source of the adapted recipe.

No comments: