Search RoHo Blog

Saturday, August 29, 2015

The Convenience of FTFWS

It is not a short return trip when I come back home from working in Virginia Beach City Public Schools. After an intense but excellent five hard days of work, I got home Friday night and it was nearly 8:30 pm. Yet again, right behind the house, there was a whole collection of food trucks for the latest edition of Downtown Winston-Salem Food Truck Fridays. On a beautiful August evening with a very nearly full moon coming up over the city skyline, and tempting smells wafting all around the house, I stepped up to the Bulkogi Korean BBQ food truck and ordered my dinner. This here is kimchee fried rice with chicken bulkogi BBQ, and not a small amount of kick:


The spice in it caused me to too quickly down a couple of Abita Andygator helles doppelbocks, forgetting that they are 8% ABV...so I ended up a bit giddy once dinner was over. Guess that reduced my hesitations and why it was a double scoop of gelato I got from the West End Coffeehouse afterwards.

This Korean BBQ crew came all the way from Wake Forest, NC (not Wake Forest University!). I see from their schedule that they don't just stay in the Raleigh area. They'll be back for another Winston-Salem Food Truck Friday behind the house on September 11th (but I'll be in California!).


No comments: