Search RoHo Blog

Thursday, July 23, 2015

Meal No. 1340: Deviled Beef Short Ribs


Tonight the Roediger House hosted long-time regulars for a meal of deviled beef short ribs. From around the table came comments such as: "This is now my new favorite dish at the Roediger House...I might like it even more than the beef tenderloin." And: "These ribs have jumped to the Top 5 of all the meals I've had here."

And yes, I think it's safe to say they were mighty good, yet again. I snapped the photo above before I'd put any of the incredibly delicious mustard sauce on it. The twice-baked stuffed potatoes were sort of average this evening but the traditional Campbell's green bean casserole was pretty much all gone by the end of mealtime.


I'll note that today did start off with a visit from the plumber, who came to replace the relay switch on the power vent on the gas hot water heater in the cellar. I've gone the last three days with only lukewarm water, since the heater was unable to work at full strength. Glad to get that done!



"Deviled Beef Short Ribs," by Jeremy Sauer. In Cook's Country, April/May 2014, p. 12-13.

"Campbell's Classic Green Bean Casserole," from Campbell's Kitchen. Recipe available online.

Twice-Baked Potatoes based on "Stuffed Potatoes: Good/Better/Best," a recipe clipping saved from Cuisine at Home, Issue 60 [December 2006], p. 23-25.

No comments: