Search RoHo Blog

Tuesday, June 9, 2015

Meal No. 1303: Ultimate Cream of Tomato Soup & Grilled Cheese Paninis


This fine and sunny and breezy Tuesday afternoon was occasion for a departure meal, something I'm known to do from time to time when I'm about to hit the road. I'm due to depart Winston by around 6 pm so that I can spend the next two days doing a training with teachers in Lynchburg, Virginia. I had a choice between eating something on the road or enjoying a home-cooked meal. I chose the latter.

Perhaps a strange choice for a warm summer day, though: ultimate cream of tomato soup and grilled cheese paninis. Let me assure you, though: this fellow has no regrets.



"Ultimate Cream of Tomato Soup," from Cook's Illustrated, November 1999. Recipe can also be found online at Cookography.com.

No comments: