Search RoHo Blog

Sunday, September 28, 2014

Meal No. 1100: Pasta with Sausage, Mustard, & Basil


The Saturday night meal at the Roediger House was pasta with hot Italian sausage, mustard, and basil. This was my first use of Orechiette pasta, and (interestingly!) the package did NOT specify the length of time to boil the pasta. Weird. It just said: "...to desired tenderness." I fell a bit short on that, as I discovered once I started eating it. But it was still really good.

I've had this recipe in my clipping collection for quite a while, and frankly I don't think I've ever made it. It's speedy and easy enough that I need to add this to the "I-just-drove-in-from-Virginia" list of meals I can prepare quickly after a long day of work and a long drive home.



"Pasta with Sausage, Basil, and Mustard," by Nigel Slater and published in Food & Wine, September 2002.

No comments: