Search RoHo Blog

Monday, June 2, 2014

Meal No. 1012: New Year's Day Meatballs

I spent a fair amount of time outside working in the grove, where I'm digging up hard clay and roots and construction debris from the building of the parking area and retaining wall 15 or 20 years ago. Twice during the day, big rigs pulled up in front of the house to deliver loads to addresses up the street, but it sure made it look like the Roediger House was raking in the shipments:


Come evening, though, and there was a tableful of great friends of the Roediger House for dinner and some Doctor Who watching. For this crowd, I put together a comfort-food menu, including New Year's Day meatballs (so named because of when my sister first served them to the family), sweet onion corn bake, and seasoned green beans:


For dessert, there was a chocolate pecan pie:





"New Year's Day Meatballs," from Carol Fultz and shared with me by my sister Allison Jones Holden of Rossville, IN (2001).

"Sweet Onion Corn Bake," by Jeanette Travis of Fort Worth, TX. Published in Taste of Home, April/May 2003, p. 37-38.

No comments: