Search RoHo Blog

Sunday, April 14, 2013

Meal No. 716: Ancho Chile Grilled Leg of Lamb

A special on American semi-boneless leg of lamb sent my large-group-invite apparatus into motion, and the plan this evening was for seven folks to gather round the Roediger House kitchen table and partake of a grilled feast. A couple of folks couldn't make it in the end, though, and it might have been a good thing after all: the group put quite a hurting on the foodstuffs and there was only a little bit left over. I have to wonder if I really would have been able to feed two more at dinner...


The very delicious centerpiece of tonight's fare was a grilled leg of lamb that had sat overnight in a delightful ancho chile-garlic-wine marinade. While it grilled tonight, I had another moment where I really, really wish I could blog smells.


While I guess I repeat it all too much, the guests say they do not mind when layered green bean casserole is on the menu. And what once was just for special holiday meals has become a more regular feature: slow cooker sweet potato casserole.




I'll blog about dessert later!



"Grilled Leg of Lamb with Ancho Chile Marinade," by Jeanne Kelley. In Bon Appétit, June 2010.

"Layered Green Bean Casserole," from my sister Allison in Rossville, Indiana.

"Sweet Potato Casserole with Pecan Topping," from Southern Living Slow-Cooker Cookbook,  (Oxmoor House, 2006), p. 234-235.

No comments: