Search RoHo Blog

Sunday, November 18, 2012

Meal No. 629: Standing Rib Roast

I really do love a rib roast, and after being so very disappointed when I made one for my birthday meal a couple of years ago, I was a bit gun-shy. A great sale on them at Harris Teeter this week, and a house full of guests, led me to get a 5-pounder, and it was our dinner this evening.

A perfectly cooked and seasoned roast it was, with company mashed potatoes and the traditional green bean casserole developed by Campbell's Kitchen.






"Standing Rib Roast," in The Ultimate Southern Living Cookbook, Birmingham, AL: Oxmoor House (1999), p. 235.

"Company Mashed Potatoes," shared with me by my sister Allison in Indiana. Recipe available in pdf format.

"Campbell's Classic Green Bean Casserole," from Campbell's Kitchen. Recipe available online.

1 comment:

hootowlkarma said...

Just caught up on several weeks worth of RoHo; in the midst of 5 straight days of great eats I find myself drooling over your culinary creations. This standing rib roast looks magnificent! I have a copy of the Ultimate Southern Living Cookbook, I'll be breaking it out this evening...