Search RoHo Blog

Saturday, October 20, 2012

WSSU Homecoming Parade 2012

Once again, a fun annual event has come to Fourth Street, and my proximity to Spring Street's intersection with that downtown thoroughfare puts me on a closed-off street. It also puts me in the spectator's seat looking out the kitchen eating nook/bay windows to see the set-up and prep and activity.


Today it's the Homecoming Parade for Winston-Salem State University, and it is a picture-perfect day for it. The weather could not be more perfect, the sun any brighter, the temps almost just right with enough nip in the air for it to feel like football weather.

I also had a much better attitude about it this year than I did back in 2010...but that earlier snippy blog post was because of the larger issue of how little notice residents were receiving when there were street closures.

No comments: