Search RoHo Blog

Tuesday, September 25, 2012

Salem Cemetery Search

With the burst of excitement I felt when I decided I was ready to learn more about the Roediger family, I quickly recognized a critical stumbling block in not knowing for certain what their birth and death dates were. I could glean a little information on this from the public/non-paid information available on ancestry.com, and that helped get me started. When I learned on a Sunday afternoon a few weeks ago that both George and Laura Roediger were laid to rest in the Salem Cemetery, I decided (foolishly) to head out there and just see if I could stumble upon their graves by walking around.

It's a big cemetery. It was a needle in a haystack. And no, I did not find their graves. But it was lovely out there under beautiful late afternoon skies.


No comments: