Search RoHo Blog

Saturday, May 16, 2009

Gutter Snipes


More evidence that we're getting to the finishing touches: gutters were installed on the addition on Friday, and we've already had our first rain test of them. It wasn't a lot of rain--not a gully-washer, by any means--but enough to see that water channels into them and down the downspouts and out to where the water must go. Since it was a night-time rain, I already find myself wishing for a slight change, but I'll live with it: there's a downspout right outside my bedroom window, and the dripping is noisy. This also puts water out where we've had problems with leaking in the old foundation into the cellar, so we probably should have re-thought it. Oh well. If it becomes enough of a problem, I'll tackle it later. I'm glad they're up and that they have a leaf-guard system on them; we'll see how they perform given that they're not what was originally promised. I think they may have missed sealing one corner joint because there's dripping from it up against the fascia board, but that'll be easy to solve. Too bad it's on the upper roof, though! Somebody'll be climbing up mighty high.

Here's an updated shot of the house, looking up from the parking area on the south side of the property:

No comments: