Search RoHo Blog

Monday, April 20, 2009

New Interior Doors: Stained

You may recall last month when I wrote about the new interior doors that Pete said we'd need to use, since the historic ones we'd saved from the demolition phase could not practicably be used. He promised me they'd do everything they can to make them look really good to me, and they have now been stained and urethaned. He asked me recently if I still hated them, and I had to tell him honestly that I do, but he has gone to great lengths to at least make them look very fine. I'm sorry that the picture here has so much reflection from the flash; I missed my chance today to get good sunlight on the laundry room door so I shot the door that had been featured in that earlier snarky post.

The stain on the trim work and on the doors does look really good, no doubt. I just hate that style of 6-panel door and feel that it screams "new" or "modern" or "ranch home from the 60s," even if it has a nice stain and sheen to it.

No comments: