Search RoHo Blog

Saturday, March 14, 2009

New Interior Doors


The new interior doors are in and have been hung. I pretty much hate them. When you're in the original part of the house, you get to see all this amazing woodwork and these very cool old doors. Then you pass into the addition, and what I see looks just like the doors that were used in the house I grew up in: a split-foyer suburban dwelling built in the mid-60s and its ubiquitous 6-panel doors. Yuck.

Pete is promising that I'll like the final look of the doors, though. They'll get a very pretty stain, he says, and a good coat of polyurethane to bring out a bright shine in them. I'm looking forward to seeing that, because these doors are an ongoing sore sight to my eyes right now.

1 comment:

fifi said...

Did you paint the exterior of the house as well? I was driving by yesterday and noticed how bright everything looked around there...

can't wait to see the finished product!!

felicia

ps..sorry about the doors!! Antique shopping anyone??