Search RoHo Blog

Friday, July 20, 2018

Meal No. 2166: Chicken Salad Melts on English Muffins

I got a little inventive last night for the Thursday evening supper. I'm not sure that it's all that remarkable to whip up a batch of chicken salad unlike one's previous versions...I suppose I'm in good company when it comes to tinkering and fiddling with the right combination. I seldom measure and generally just put it all together until the taste is right. Still, I was a little more attentive to what I was adding and how much of it, and the final result was just excellent sitting atop a huge sliced homegrown beefeater tomato on a toasted English muffin and crowned with a slab of cheese. More tomato and sliced apples on the side made this a refreshing summer evening dinner.

Speaking of tomatoes: it was frustrating to yet again find a nearly-ripe tomato on the vine had been nibbled at:

Also of note from yesterday: I answered the phone about mid-day and was asked if this was the Roediger House. After I confirmed that it was, I had to entertain a complaint from the very nice caller that the Roediger House website wasn't working properly and could I please tell her our Saturday and Sunday hours for house tours. I had to apologize that the house was not what she was imagining, since it was simply a private home, but I almost offered to have her come by anyway, just because it's a cool old place.

I understand the confusion, though! When I designed this simple website, I put short-named links in the title bar, and the first one definitely says "Tour." I really hate that the site has broken links, though, and someday I really will get around to updating it all.


"Chicken Salad Melt," a Roediger House original recipe.

No comments: