Search RoHo Blog

Wednesday, February 8, 2017

Meal No. 1751: Mini Beef Wellingtons with Gorgonzola


When Sunday night rolled around, and I was deep into mostly enjoying a four-day weekend, I committed to piloting another new recipe. This one perhaps implies that I was operating with some ambition, although any distinction in this meal is because of the general reputation of a dish like this. With Amy on hand, it was a night for mini Beef Wellingtons with gorgonzola, along with roasted new potatoes and asparagus. The sauce poivrade alla Madeira and demi-glace was a fitting compliment. Somehow, we still had room for dessert (to be blogged about later).


An additional note: while it is good to now be into the month of February, which brings us so much closer to the spring and summer that I love, I confess to being shocked at seeing the emergence of my new daffodils already:




"Beef Wellingtons with Gorgonzola," from Gourmet Magazine, January 1998. Also found on FoodNetwork.com.

"Sauce Poivrade alla Marsala or Madeira," from More Than Gourmet.

No comments: