If my count is correct, peanut butter bacon burgers have now been made at the Roediger House for the 21st time since their first appearance here around Thanksgiving 2010. Last Friday night, when these were made, it was by special request. Regular guests of the Roediger House know they can make a birthday meal request and I'll try to accommodate them, and this is what Mookie said he wanted.
I do dig the bacon braid/weave that I learned about in the last year or so:
A review of key points about the Roediger House peanut butter bacon burgers:
- Inspired by Yo Mama's in the French Quarter of New Orleans
- First Made: Meal No. 180
- Last Made: Meal No. 1424
- Fresh Home-Ground Beef, typically from boneless beef short ribs and top sirloin
- Homemade Peanut Butter
- Homemade Classic Burger Sauce (recipe below)
- Labeled Sample "Final Product" Burger: Guide to Meal No. 234
- Some guidance, inspiration, and tips are based on Cook's Illustrated, No. 93 (July/August 2008), p. 10.
Classic Burger Sauce
from Cook's Illustrated, July-August 2008, p. 11.
4 T mayonnaise
2 T ketchup
1 tsp sweet pickle relish
1 tsp sugar
1 tsp white vinegar
1/2 tsp ground black pepper
Whisk all ingredients together in a small bowl.
"Bacon Sheets," from MyFridgeFood.com