Search RoHo Blog

Sunday, February 7, 2016

Meal No. 1476: Kung Pao Chicken


For dinner this past Tuesday, I reached for my wok and the excellent stir fry cookbook that was a very sweet birthday present 10 years ago. What emerged for the small crew that was present was a take on kung pao chicken, with terrific full flavors and just enough heat to make it interesting. A leftover plate went with me the following day and served as lunch during a Project CRISS training for teacher leaders here in Winston-Salem/Forsyth County Schools.


The previous day was the first day of February, and the work I was scheduled to do got shifted to later in the spring, which gave me an unexpected day off. I took advantage of the gorgeous warm day (it was pushing 70°F!) and got a good bit of winter yardwork done. It was awesome.



"Kung Pao [Chicken]" (p. 80) with Szechwan Marinade (p. 28) and Spicy Peanut Stir-Fry Sauce (p. 27). In Wok Fast, by Hugh Carpenter and Teri Sandison. Ten Speed Press (Berkeley/Toronto), 2002.

No comments: