Search RoHo Blog

Thursday, October 8, 2015

Palmetto's Pricey Pimento Cheese

My college friend, the late Roni Harbert, introduced me to her discovery of a very delicious local pimento cheese: Palmetto Cheese. It's available at the local grocer's and I also had some success buying it at Costco. But having to pay $4.99 four years ago was sufficiently steep that I found a recipe that I could modify and then create a pretty decent homemade version.


Recently, when I passed by the refrigerated case near the front of my usual Harris Teeter, I saw that a 12-ounce tub of Palmetto Cheese is now a staggering $6.49.

Thanks, but no thanks. It's good, but it ain't gold. I'll continue to make my own version.



"South Carolina-Style Pimento Cheese." Recipe worked out by me, based on Sharon's Palmetto Pimento Cheese.

No comments: