Search RoHo Blog

Sunday, May 11, 2014

Meal No. 993: Grilled Molasses-Mustard Glazed Pork Chops


It is a gorgeous Sunday for the celebration of Mother's Day, for thems what still have their mothers, and with lots of great sunshine and some gentle breezes, I took Cyprus's lead and lunched outside in a shady part of the driveway today. She loves being outside and, after checking out the surroundings, she picked a spot nearby and took up her watch while also resting her legs.

It did get a little warm today, given that it's still early in May, but I am absolutely not complaining. I enjoyed the chance to get outside and tackle some more yard stuff until it gradually wore me down and I had to retreat to the indoors.


Having worked up a good appetite, I fired up the new Weber Genesis grill again and tossed some straightforward pork chops on for the evening meal. Oh, I managed to fancy 'em up a bit with a molasses-mustard glaze and they turned out mighty fine. Some Israeli couscous and baby Brussels sprouts turned it into a complete meal.

This morning, I managed to get dessert made so that it would have time to chill and set up in the fridge. This is a rite of spring, the glorious strawberry pie:





"Molasses-Mustard Glazed Pork Chops," adapted by Nick Kindelsperger from Bobby Flay's Grill It! Found online at SeriousEats.com.

No comments: