Search RoHo Blog

Wednesday, May 21, 2014

Meal No. 1002: Fettuccine with Cajun Alfredo Sauce

While I now live a life I love and enjoy, I do miss the days when Winston-Salem was home to many recently-minted new teachers from my social studies program at Wake Forest University. Many a night would find me with one or more of them, enjoying dinner out or in, with a mix of teacher talk and life stuff.

One of those memorable dinners was made by two students from my first group of masters candidates at WFU, who were roommates after they finished the program: Marie and Susan. The featured dish was a delicious spinach fettuccine with Cajun alfredo sauce, from the cookbook for the famous Grit restaurant in Athens, GA.

The batch I made this evening (with regular rather than spinach fettuccine), with all that nostalgia swirling about, was not nearly as good as theirs (meaning Susan and Marie's version). But it was still delicious following a day of hard work in the yard.




"Spinach Fettuccine with Cajun Alfredo Sauce," from The Grit Restaurant Vegetarian Cookbook, by Jessica Greene and Ted Hafer. Athens, GA: Hill Street Press (2001), p. 65.

No comments: