Search RoHo Blog

Monday, November 25, 2013

Mother's Wedding China


Yesterday, I finally dove into the very heavy box containing my mother's wedding china, that's been sitting in the dining room ever since last summer's gathering of my siblings to continue dividing up her estate. It was my good fortune not to have a claim to it challenged by anyone, so it came home with me.


The pattern is Apple Blossom, from Haviland of New York. It is lovely. It's now all been washed and put away in the china cabinet in the dining room, and I'm hoping to put it to first use for Thursday's Thanksgiving gathering.


The set is incomplete, but there are 20 dinner plates. Mother must've bulked up her collection of cups and saucers for church and club gatherings at her house, though, because there are 26 saucers and 25 coffee cups.

No comments: