Search RoHo Blog

Sunday, November 10, 2013

Meal No. 850: Chorizo-Baked Sea Scallops with Basil Cream Sauce

Oh my gosh. Another super fantastic meal thanks to the Tupelo Honey Cookbook given to me by my sister Allison in Indiana. These are sea scallops with a chorizo-panko topping and a creamy basil sauce. There's onion and roasted red pepper, too. This was pretty awesome.

Finally used some of my home-grown basil from my new kitchen garden!

This flavorful and rich cream sauce was amazing.

I might be stuck in a rut but I do love these grits!



"Chorizo-Baked Sea Scallops with Basil Cream Sauce" (p. 103), in Tupelo Honey Cafe: Spirited Recipes from Asheville's New South Kitchen, by Elizabeth Sims with Chef Brian Sonoskus. Kansas City: Andrews McMeel Publishing, LLC, 2011.

Luquire Family Stone Ground Grits, milled in Greenwood, SC.

3 comments:

Amullen3 said...

Scallops are my favorite...I mean really. This looks amazing. You would think in Virginia Beach, Sea Scallops would be easy to find. Alas, not so much.

Rachel said...

Where is the scallop recipe? I vow to learn how to cook in my retirement years. :)

Ray said...

You'll have to remind me to make a copy of it to bring with me next time, since it's in a published cookbook rather than available online.