Search RoHo Blog

Monday, May 6, 2013

Meal No. 731: Brendan's Moroccan Bistro Chicken


It was a pleasure to once again have my cousin Marilyn over for dinner and a visit tonight. She brought along with her one half of a couple that she has known and been close to for years and years, so it was nice that Joel (pictured above, with Marilyn) was here as well. (Joel's wife Tara isn't due into town until later this week, so perhaps another time will present itself for her to join us!)

We got started with talking and catching up over homemade pimento cheese:


I got so into visiting and making the side dishes that I did not keep a proper eye on the main dish, which comes to me from former 7th grade student Brendan Shanley...therefore I overcooked the chicken but the goop was nice and thick around it! We had quinoa and green beans to go with this tasty Moroccan-inspired chicken thighs dish:


Dessert was key lime frozen yogurt:





"South Carolina-Style Pimento Cheese." Recipe worked out by me, based on Sharon's Palmetto Pimento Cheese.

"Key Lime Frozen Yogurt," from Southern Living, February 2006 (clipping / page number unknown)

No comments: