Search RoHo Blog

Friday, August 28, 2009

Meal No. 27: Asian Pork Tenderloin

It's quite a shame I haven't developed the habit of photographing meals each night, because this one was quite a feast: Asian pork tenderloin, with southern style green beans, company mashed potatoes, and even buttermilk biscuits. Quite a lot of food with only three of us around the table, but I don't think we minded. I can do without the Chinese Five-Spice addition to the BBQ sauce, which I'll make a point of fixing when and if I make this again.

[Editor's Note: There is a pretty good stretch of Roediger House meals in the early days of the new kitchen for which there are no pictures and no blog entries. I still wanted them to be recorded, as long as the blog serves that purpose so well, so I made some efforts both in 2011 and in early 2016 to at least post what those meals were on the proper dates.]



"Asian Pork Tenderloin," from Cuisine at Home, Issue 60 [recipe clipping].

"Southern Style Green Beans," by April Moon. The Flying Biscuit Cafe Cookbook. Atlanta: Longstreet (1998), p. 47.

"Company Mashed Potatoes," a Jones family favorite.

No comments: