Search RoHo Blog

Tuesday, December 29, 2020

Meal No. 2744: Pork Medallions in a Dijon Mushroom Cream Sauce

On Christmas Eve last Thursday, it was a fine night to play a bit with a long-time favorite of the house: pork medallions in a dijon mushroom cream sauce. I upped the shallots and sautéed the mushrooms an extra step, with Madeira wine to bump and shift the flavor a bit. It seems like it's been quite a while since I made the regular Jones household casserole known as company mashed potatoes, plus there was roasted garlic-parmesan asparagus spears to boot. With it being a rainy and dreary night outside, and a misty-eyed evening for watching the holiday favorite, The Family Stone inside, it was a quiet and comfortable holiday eve.


Of course, I do still have my original movie theatre ticket stub from when I saw it at the theatre 15 years ago, as pulled from my Instagram feed...


Adapted from "Pork Medallions with Dijon Mushroom Sauce," by Frank Hollands of Moorhead, Minnesota. Bake-Off Contest 37 (1996). Published in Pillsbury Classic Cookbooks' A Taste of the BAKE-OFF Issue from March 2001, p. 40-41.

"Company Mashed Potatoes," a Jones family favorite.

No comments: